FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CRST Expedited, Inc. Recognizes Million Mile, Accident-Free Drivers
16 drivers recognized at banquet for outstanding safety records
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (April 14, 2015) – CRST Expedited, Inc., the largest operating company of CRST International, Inc., recently recognized an additional 16 drivers for completing at least one million accident-free miles. The drivers were presented awards at a March banquet at The Doubletree Hotel in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, home to CRST International’s corporate headquarters.
“We are pleased to recognize these 16 men and women for their achievement,” said Cameron Holzer, CRST Expedited, Inc. President. “Driving at least one million miles accident-free is a significant accomplishment that attests to their dedication to safety. These drivers embody the values and professionalism of CRST.”
The drivers recognized are:
- Joe Scherbring, Manchester, Iowa, joined CRST 1971, 5 million miles
- Edward Storke, Kankakee, Ill., joined CRST 2009, 2 million miles
- John Dodd, Davenport, Iowa, joined CRST 1986, 2 million miles
- William Bolt, Apple Valley, Calif., joined CRST 1997, 2 million miles
- Jerry Williamson, Stone Mountain, Ga., joined CRST 2008, 1 million miles
- David Tromp, Irving, Texas, joined CRST 2009, 1 million miles
- Ronnie Kuhn, Weatherford, Okla., joined CRST 2013, 1 million miles
- Karolyn Hutchison, Springfield, Ohio, joined CRST 2004, 1 million miles
- Wayne Hartman, Ames, Iowa, joined CRST 2003, 1 million miles
- Marjorie Fear, New Haven, Ind., joined CRST 2005, 1 million miles
- James Elliott, New Haven, Ind., joined CRST 2005, 1 million miles
- Rigor Deono, Fontana, Calif., joined CRST 2002, 1 million miles
- Harry Cowan, Lexington, N.C. joined CRST 2009, 1 million miles
- Melissa Coleman, Chanute, Kan., joined CRST 2003, 1 million miles
- Dale Boyd, Olympia, Wash., joined CRST 2008, 1 million miles
- Lydell Wilkerson, Delano, Calif., joined CRST 2004, 1 million miles
Five Lead Drivers from CRST Expedited were also recognized as the most effective trainers in the fleet. The lead drivers recognized for their performance include:
- Jose Gonzalez, Apple Valley, Calif.
- Maurice Lockett, Kingman, Ariz.
- Wesley Hinmon, Hemet, Calif.
- Gregory Leigh, Richardson, Texas
- Jeffery Lafoon, Fairburn, Ga.
According to Chad Brueck, Vice President of Operations, “These five lead drivers were selected on the basis of the accident rates, CSA rates and retention rates of their students as well as their own accident and CSA performance.”
According to the American Trucking Association there are approximately three million professional truck drivers in the United States. Most individual long-haul drivers average between 100,000 and 110,000 miles per year.
# # #
CRST International, Inc.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa–based CRST International, Inc. is one of the largest privately-held transportation companies in the United States. Through its eight operating companies, CRST provides a broad array of transportation solutions, including expedited van, flatbed, dedicated services, brokerage, transportation management, high value product white glove moving services and expedited temperature controlled team services. CRST’s operating companies are made up of CRST Expedited, Inc., CRST Malone, Inc., CRST Dedicated Services, Inc., CRST Logistics, Inc., CRST Specialized Transportation, Temperature Controlled Team Service (TCTS), BESL Transfer Company and Pegasus Transportation. For more information, visit www.crst.com or call (800) 736-CRST (2778).